Monday, March 21, 2016

It is only through His blessings...

“It is only through His blessings, as our verse, (Prov. 10:22), says, that the land provides its fruits," (see linked title for this post).  Rabbi Avraham Greenbaum, (commenting on chapter 30 vs. 7-9), brings out that the understanding of this subject in chapter 30 is King Solomon speaking in his later years, when his wisdom has become the wisdom of repentance. Solomon prays, “Provide my needs so I will be neither poor nor rich, lest I become haughty and deny God or so poor that I steal, lie and take His name in vain.” How can we, together with All-Israel, learn the wisdom of this repentance, even if it only an hour out of our whole life time, where we completely trust G-d alone to provide all our needs body and soul? May the Land of Israel teach faith in G-d to all nations.

No comments:

I, HASHEM, have not changed, and you, Sons of Jacob, have not become extinct. MALACHI 3:6